Bathroom attendants

I found this picture on Friday night in the bathroom on the bus. I thought it was great and it reminded me of my buddy the Blue Heron, who sits when he pee's. Do they really think that with this sign, they will get any men to sit and not stand?
Tonight I want to talk about bathroom attendants. How the hell did this all come about? Who came up with this idea and who was the first guy to try it out?
I myself find it a little disturbing that a guy/gal gets paid to sit in the bathroom, amongst the stench, cleaning up after people that have just got done handling their junk. Sure, it is nice to have someone turn on the sink, hit me with some soap, and hand me a towel, but I would much rather them do something more useful. How about you go get me a beer, I wash my own hands and I still give you a tip...now we are both happy.
I don't know what it is, but some of these guys are good and some of them just don't have a clue. Some of them brow beat you and some of them are more than happy just to have a conversation. I have no problem giving anyone that does a service for me a tip, but some of these guys don't do a damn thing but sit on their milk crate and still expect something as you walk out the door.
Some of these guys have a very impressive spread of everything from candy to cologne. I know they buy this stuff on their own, so whenever I grab a piece of gum or take a few mints, I will always leave a little extra.
Today, as I was thinking about this topic, I started to realize that I actually have come to have some type of relationship with a few of these guys at some of our usual hang outs. I don't know if this should worry me or not. I've come to know the guy at McFadden's, Darnell, he likes Lager and once in a while I will hit him off with a cold one . There is this smooth old cat over at Risque, Rocco, that if you give him a little extra he washes down the door handle before you have to open it. Sure, it would be nice if he opened it for me, but he is about 65 and doesn't' get around too well.
Now that I'm almost done this posting, I am beginning to realize that the person that came up with this idea, seems to have had a good one. There is still a part of me that feels a little weirded out from these guys, but at the same time there is a part of me that doesn't mind them helping me out. If they could only get the bathroom to stop spinning when I step to the urinal, all my awkwardness would go away.
I know Louie ha s had a few run-ins with an attendant or two, but I would like to know how other people feel about these guys/gals minding our lavatories?

1comments:
That was a long time ago and I was right! Your old friend from high school, punk ass Terry, got me into the altercation then left me amongst 2 bathroom attendants and 3 bouncers... I would still like to whoop his ass for that!
No one is better than the old guy and Balloons... "Early bird gets the worm!"
Post a Comment
<< Home