Fish, The Mall, & A new pair of sneaks

Ok fcukers, I'm a little lazy when it comes to this blog. I was busy on Tuesday and lastnight I was so f-ing tired, I was in bed by 8:30. I thought about you all and figured you would be really upset that I didn't post in two days, but the truth is...I didn't give two shits. I was laying in bed and there was no way I was getting out.
So the other night, I decided that I wanted to cook something on the grill. On the way home from work, I stopped off and grabbed some salmon. I had no f-ing idea what the hell I was going to do with it, but I figured what did I have to lose. I walked down the produce isle and just started grabbing different vegetables, if it was green, red or yellow, it was getting thrown in with my fish. Well 43 fcuking dollars later, I had all my produce.
Once I got home, I started slicing and dicing anything that got in the way. I had zucchini, red and green peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, some little tomatoes, sconions, and a few other things, diced up and ready to be added to my salmon. I layed out my tin foil, slapped the fish down, added a little butter, and spread the veggies over top. Once I rolled it all up inside the foil and added a little lemon, I threw it on the grill and in about twenty minutes, we were eating the best fish I had all day. No, really, I was very surprised that it turned out so good. If anyone wants to sent my tape in to that reality cooking show please feel free.
After dinner, Beez and I headed to the mall...yes Nowak, the mall. She had to get a few things for her big girls weekend and I had to...well, I had to just go. After about an hour and a half, we were heading out, when I wanted to stop at the sneaker store. No way I could go to the mall without hitting the sneaker store. As soon as I walked in, I noticed this pair of black Nike's with a yellow strip. Being that I like Nike and yellow is my favorite color, they caught my eye. As I picked them up, I noticed they were a new line of Lance Armstrong's.
A little hemming and hauling and I had the sales person grab me a size 12. You know what they say about a guy with big feet. I tried them on and Beez said if I liked them she would get them for me. What a kind gesture, after telling me they were fcuking ugly. Anyway, after looking in the mirror about eighteen times, I decided I wanted them and Beez put aside her feelings and was nice enough to buy them for me.
While I was leaving the store, I started to wonder why I just got those sneakers. Was it because I really liked them, was it because I have this obsession with buying sneakers every three months, or had I just been reeled in by Nike and their millions spent on advertising?
It just so seems that about every few months I have to get a new pair of sneakers. I have never worn a pair of sneakers out and I have enough old pairs under my bed to supply a Somalian soccer team. Then the thought went through my head that I bought them because Nike put Lances name on them. I am a huge fan of Lance and support his fight against cancer, so Nike made a smart move if that was their intentions. However, with all that in mind I do like the looks of them.
Give me some feed back people, what do you think of my new sneakers. Also, have you ever found yourself buying something just because of the way it was advertised?
Check out my new link to the site that I got a few shirts from. Great site...Randomassshirts.com
Hey anonymous, I have one question...do you sit when you pee?

5comments:
Your obsession with sneakers is a little bizarre, but it could be worse! You could be a crack head!
What's wrong with crack?
Can't go wrong with supporting Lance...I just feel bad that you had to go to THE MALL to do it! Next time try ordering them through this thing that I've heard of called THE INTERNET. Saves time, money and a trip to the dreaded mall.
Papple likes the mall, don't let him fool you! It's that metrosexual thing!
I noticed that my boyfriends have a habit of thinking something is ok and once I say that I don't like it, they insist on having it. A way of proving independence.
I too have a thing for sneakers. Mostly Nike too. Nike puts out a new design every hour, and like crack I have to have them. My closet is full of them. I just bought the new pink and green running ones and the new pair that feel like you are running barefoot.
Nothing wrong with malls.
Post a Comment
<< Home