Sunday, July 31, 2005

Zits...

So you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and there you see, on the tip of your nose, a zit. Now you are faced with a horrible decision that has no good outcome. First you can let it alone and for about three days you and everyone you come in contact with must stare at this volcano with a creamy white center. Or second, you can put your pointer fingers to work and pop your newly found friend, ejecting a custard like goo at about two hundred and forty four miles an hour onto the clean surface of your mirror.

I'm guessing that most of us choose to dirty the surface of our mirror. I often find myself obsessing on these little pusy demons. Once you pop them, it doesn't end, you spend all day waiting to see if they will produce more goo. Several times a day, you notice that they haven't but you just want to make sure so again, you put your fingers to work and squeeze the zit that was the size of a pencil point has now become the size of a dime. Why do we do this to ourselves?

I am convinced that these zits have minds of their own. They are devious little bastards. The more we try to get rid of them, the harder they work to make us notice that they are in control. Finally, you look in the mirror and see that you have won...nope. The little f#(ker has burrowed under your skin and surfaced on your forehead. Another battle and one more week of hearing people and their stupid comments.

There are many types of zits and many horrible locations that these zits may come to surface, so please let me know some of your awful experiences involving zits.

I must apologize to those of you that were not able to post unless you set up a blog. I have recently been made aware of this problem and it has been corrected. You no longer have to create a blog, all you need to do is create a name and a password, so join in people and let us know what is on your mind.

I must give credit to my mom and sister for their conversation that prompted me to post this blog. They had me in stitches listening to their conversation about zits.

8comments:

At Sun Jul 31, 08:10:00 PM, Blogger Blonde said...

I am grossed out by this post.

 
At Sun Jul 31, 09:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I know this is a disgusting topic but I have to admit that I am obsessive face picker...and so are many others out there. I wish they made some kind of stuff for your face like they make for nail biters (that disgusting tasting polish)that would make me stop.

 
At Tue Aug 02, 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Lou said...

I agree with the bonde, this whole conversation is gross...

 
At Tue Aug 02, 02:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a zit, once.

 
At Tue Aug 02, 08:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was it on your ass?

 
At Tue Aug 02, 08:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was, and it hurt so bad when i sat down!

 
At Wed Aug 03, 09:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I love you.... your more disgusting than I thought.

and Kelly,,,, the obsessive face picker.... I think it's a Franklin thing....

 
At Wed Aug 03, 07:10:00 PM, Blogger Papple Dankin said...

Nice to hear from you Aunt Leen. I've been keeping the disgusting thoughts locked up in my head and now I have a way to let them all out. The best part of it all is, the voices have now stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home