Sunday, January 29, 2006

Weekend recap

Friday night was spent doing absolutely nothing. Watched the movie 40 Year Old Virgin and I wasn't too impressed. It had a lot of funny parts, however it was too predictable. I guess it didn't help that I kept falling asleep and had to rewatch (is that a word) most of the movie. I just can't seem to make it through an entire movie without falling asleep. Once a movie starts and I go horizontal, you can stick a fork in me.

Saturday night we headed over to the Grape Street Pub to check out a band called Malone and McWilliams. We went over with Louie, Lindsey, Unit, and the fags Brian and Jeff even showed up to listen to some original music. We were introduced to JD, the lead singer of Malone & McWilliams, who some of you may know him, because he used to be the lead singer of Steamroller Picnic. Apparently he broke free from playing the cover music and started this new group playing all original songs.

I must say, I really liked their music. Not knowing much about music, I would have to say that their songs are a cross between alternative, country, bluegrass, rock, and a little folk. Does that make any sense? I didn't think so. You can check out their music by either clicking on the link to the right or going to their site at www.maloneandmcwilliams.com. You can also catch JD out at myspace, I heard him and Louie talking about their myspace accounts. I guess this is the only way Louie can feel like he has friends.

I haven't been out with these guys in a long while and it was nice that Lindsey finally ventured outside of the Shade to throw a few back with us. It was the first time I was at Grape Street since they opened at their new location. It is a pretty cool place, they have the bands playing in the back and if you want to shake your rump shaker, they have the dj spinning some club music in the front. I didn't really spend any time in the front, but I did notice that it was definitely one hell of a meat market. Brian even came out with some girls number..from what I remember, it was 867-5309.

The night wasn't over once they closed down there, as usual we headed back to the Alden to catch a few before closing time. I think the night was finally over at around 5am and for some reason, Louie's truck was in front of my house all day long. I wonder how he got home and if it was home that he went. All I do know is that some nice girl showed up at the end of the night and it may have been her that he disappeared with. Maybe we will hear more about this here in the future. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Sunday was a tough day without football, but we headed to lunch and then headed over to the mall to check out the sale that they are having at Strawbridges. They have been bought by Macy's and are clearing out their shelves. Alright, I just started talking about shopping and sales and this blog is getting pretty boring so I'm out.

Later Peckerheads!

3comments:

At Mon Jan 30, 10:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Papple, you need to dig up the dirt on Louie's lady because he didn't mention shite on his blog. What's up with that?

 
At Mon Jan 30, 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Papple Dankin said...

Jo Jo,
I think that I have the dirt, but I am holding out until I know it is ok to air. Yes, I do have a heart...how bad does that suck.

 
At Mon Jan 30, 11:55:00 PM, Blogger Lou said...

Relax people... everyone has their secrets! Respect mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home