Just say NO!!!
I would like to start this post by thanking our new frequent commenter JoJo. As a blogger, we live to see how people respond to our posts. Sure we can check the counters to see just about everything about the people that are visiting our sites, but it doesn't really mean as much as a comment. So people, how about we take JoJo's lead and give a little comment here and there. It doesn't have to be much, you can even tell me that I suck as, just tell me something!
Now on to other things. As you have read in my recent posts, I have been a little under the weather lately. Late yesterday afternoon, I started to feel a little better and finally crawled out of bed. I think I actually felt too good, if this is possible. Last night, I had plans to go play poker with a group of people I had never played with and didn't want too miss it. A couple Immodium pills and off I went. The night went well and it was tough playing with these guys, beings I didn't really know how they played and they weren't playing for enough money to scare anyone out of a pot.
Perfect example, it comes down to three of us left in the game. I have the second highest amount of chips and with a few good plays would be sitting pretty. I'm in the dealer position and have pocket K's and call the big blind of $400 (just a chip value, not cash). The small blind raises to $5000 and the big blind calls. At this point, I see that the small blind has about $8-$10K left in his hand so I go all in. Smart move right? The small blind calls and then the big blind follows. As they turn over their cards, I see that I am way out in front. Small blind has A-4 unsuited, big blind has J-7 unsuited. Frankly these guys had absolutely no business to be in this hand, but as I said we were only playing a low amount tournament, so what was there to keep them from following me. Flop comes 10-4-6 mixed suites. Turn cards is a Q, and at this point there is only two cards in the entire deck that can beat me. Well don't you effing know it, the river brings a 4 and out I go. Aint that some shit, I play that hand perfect and get beat by bad beating and a bunch of luck.
Alright, now here comes my complaint. I have to put this out there, because it really pisses me off! I am the type of person that when I make plans with some one, I stick to them, unless I absolutely have to cancel. If someone asks me to do something and I don't want to do it or even if I think there is a chance that I can't, I just say NO. I don't care if it hurts your feelings or not...I just say NO. It's easy to say yes and then last minute, bail out, but why make people rely on you then have to change plans at the last minute because you can't say NO. Sure it's not always a big deal, but sometimes it is.
More so then having to change plans, it's just the point of being unreliable. I used to have a poker game at the house once a week and it just seemed that every time we would have 10 guys that were coming, then 5 would show up. Or the hockey team we had that folded because we barely had enough to play each game but had 12 guys on the roster. What the fuck people, if you make plans, stick to them! If you don't think you will be able to stick to them, just say NO. You can always change your mind last minute and join in.
Alright, now that I have vented and feel much better, we can move on.
Love ya...mean it, Peckerheads!
Notice that I added a new site to my links. Jules has been blogging for a few months, has some interesting topics, and she is a great person. So check her site out, and don't be affraid to comment you fuckers!

4comments:
Now you know why Phil Helmuth goes nuts during the Main Event. Even the pros get beat by players who have no business playing the cards they're dealt. Not everyone has read Doyle Brunson's "Super Systems."
I feel your pain about plan breakers. I've definitely been one of those guys who has not been definitive and bailed at the last minute, but I would much rather someone tell me no than leave me hanging.
Hi Papple... I just thought I would Drop in to your BLOG and Say "Hey Bitch, Wazzzz Up?!?!?"
I do know what you mean about People bailing... it sucks! I have to be the WORST Bowler in the history of Bowling... Papple would know because I was the "TOKEN" Female that they needed on there Mixed Drinks Bowling Team... anyway, my average was a wooping 65 and it was a major event when I would hit ONE pin, a strike would be an all out PARTY.... But, no matter how much I SUCKED, I still showed up... BIG pat on the back for me!!! Woooooo Hoooo! I think that your Friends... Hmmmm, let's say LOUIE for example... could use a Hobby and you should start up your Hockey team again, or even your Bowling team... Come on guys, Make a commitment to Mr. Papple D. and stick with it... he's not asking that much of you!!!!
A few weeks ago I sat Jo Jo down and told him how things work. We, the bloggers, write stuff, and he, the reader, needs to comment. Simple as that. I made my point clear and told him to take his commenting game to the next level and he certainly has.
I am assuming this is directed to me cause I bailed on the card game... sorry, but you let me off the hook pretty easy! Now start answering phone calls on a more regular basis and this may not happen to you as much!
I hope you are done pissing out your ass... doesn't sound like too much fun! Load up on Imodium AD!
Also, I see Nowak trying to steal Jo Jo's lime light here by taking credit for his new found commenting skills... Shameless!
Post a Comment
<< Home