Hey annonymous...suck my ass.
So I havent posted in a pretty long time. I'm sorry.
As you know, Nowak and I had a fundraiser to get us on the way towards our goal for the PMC. I know it was last month, but I want to thank everyone for coming out and opening up their wallets. I also want to thank everyone that sold tickets, brought friends, or lended a helping hand. Nowak and I were shocked to have done so well. We had no idea what to expect, and were shocked when we finally counted the money. You all helped us bring in a little over $4000.00. Very shocking for the effort we put into it. I can only imagine if we pushed the tickets and came up with some more ideas as far as auctions and things of that nature. I guess there is always next year.
It seemed that everyone had a good time, some more than others (Aunt Kathy), but what do you expect when there is booze and nothing but friends and family.
A few weeks ago six of us set out to raise money for another good cause, by riding in a 61 mile bike ride from Medford to Ocean City. Well it was supposed to be 61 miles, but Louie stole the map from Kevin and I and we wound up making 12 wrong turns and put in 7 extra miles. No big deal, we kind of needed it to get ready for the big ride. This ride was called Kelly's Ride and it is a benifit that raises money for young girls in need. Need of what you ask...check out www.kellysride.com and all questions will be answered. Louie wore the yellow jersey during this stage and after an impressive effort, he kept hold of the yellow jersey after finishing first in our group. Please don't ask me how because all I know is while we were waiting for him at the final rest stop, he called me and said he was about 10 minutes in front of us. Dick! Gina, Linsey, and Murray all lived up to the tested and finished much earlier than th anticipated.
The funniest story of the day was about Murray not being able to quit when he thought he had enough. In the begining of the day, during registration, they handed everyone a business card with a phone number for assistance. Somewhere around 40 miles Muff told Lindsey that he was cramping up and couldn't go on. If you ask me it was because he was getting his period. Anyway, he pulled over and called the number on the card. They let him know that someone would be right out. Can you picture him right at that moment, with his leg all tight, thinking a ride was on it's way. After a few minutes one of the bike mechanics pulled up and asked him if he had a problem. Murray told the guy that he was cramping and needed a ride. The guy shouted "sorry buddy I can't give you a ride" as he pulled away. Can you picture him now? I'm guessing this is where he began to turn green and tear off his shirt. Not long after that Gina cruised by and towed him the rest of the way. Poor kid can't even quit well.
Other than that not much has been going on except lots of practice for the World Series of Poker which is next month. If anyone wants to put a game together, let me know, I would love to play. I've been hitting a few smaller tourney's down in AC and hope to log in some more time there over the next few weeks.

1comments:
Thank you, I feel whole again :) lol
Post a Comment
<< Home